Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I've lost it...

I just spent the last 20 minutes looking for my cell phone. Usually, if I can't find my cell phone, I have D call it from his and I just follow the ring. D is at work, and we don't have a home phone, so there was no way for me to have someone call it for me to listen for. Unless, of course, I went next door and had Angel call it after I went back home, but then I would have to haul Fuss over there, and then haul him back crying because he would want to stay and play at Angel's, and my phone really isn't worth all that hassle. D loses everything. Just yesterday he had to come home on his lunch hour to find a tool that he needed for work. He was sure he had left it on his dresser, and that I must have put it somewhere. I assured him that I had no idea what he was talking about, and explained that if he had put it away he would know where it was now. His excuse, "I didn't have time to put it away." Really, because "away" is so far away? I don't understand that train of thought. The funny twist is, that when his tool was finally found it was in the case it came in. Turns out he actually didn't have time to leave it out.

We had been married only 11 months, 2 weeks, and 4 days when D lost his wedding ring. He has lost his keys more times than I can count, and the last time we never found them. I lost my wallet the other day, but found it a short time later. I had tucked it into a cubby on the desk in the office. So while looking for my phone, I looked in all the places I had been this morning since I last used it to call KM. I went to the kitchen...not there. It wasn't in the sink, the pantry, the fridge, on top of the stove, the counters, in the cup cupboard, the bowl cupboard, or the silverware drawer. It wasn't on the table, the desk, or on the floor. It wasn't it in the living room, not on the coffee table, not in the couch cushions. It wasn't in the laundry room, not in the washer, the dryer, or the cabinets. It wasn't in the office, not on D's desk, my desk, or the filing cabinet. It wasn't in Fuss' room, not on his dresser or in his toy box, which is where I feared it may be. It wasn't on the bathroom counter. I knew it wasn't in the toilet because I have had the bathroom doors shut or blocked all morning to keep Fuss out, and I wouldn't put my phone in the toilet. It wasn't under my bed, on D's dresser, on my dresser, on the night stand, on the end table by my chair, in my chair, in the elliptical machine, or in the laundry basket. Before I finally found the phone, I found my contact solution, which made me wonder when the last time I actually took my contacts out was. I found my electronic sudoku game. I found an old sippy cup with a little bit of milk still in it....yuck! I found toys in the elliptical machine, and a ball under my dresser. I found cookie crisp in the laundry basket, crackers under my chair, Doritos under my bed, and I have decided Fuss can no longer eat any snacks in my room.

I couldn't imagine where Fuss could have taken my phone to, and was about to give up when...I saw it on top of the TV, in my bedroom, the place where my search had started and had been given up. And since Fuss can't reach the top of the TV, I am pretty sure that I must have put it there since we are the only two people here. I am still looking for my mind...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

does he like to throw things away? My kids once threw my phone in the garbage- i had to go out to the black one and look through every bag until I found it (but I did find it).

Anonymous said...

opps- reread your last paragraph and realized you found it!

skcoe said...

I've lost my phone twice and had to get new ones, and am about to call the bank and report my debit card lost. For the THIRD TIME.

I feel your pain. Typically in our house, if you want to know where something is...ask the two year old. Mayci is the "stasher" and remembers where she put everything.

Agie said...

I love it... At least I am not the only one who loses things and doesn't find them until I am looking for something else. I always find things in the first and last place I look too. (wink wink)