Saturday, September 27, 2008

Getting to know me...

In the last week alone, I have had probably 5 or 6 emails asking me questions to "get to know me." While I find them fun to read from my friends, I don't really know how many people really want to get to know me, especially since they are usually sent by people who already do. However, I feel like there is this pressure that you feel if you don't forward emails to other people, or respond to the one that sent it to you, like they aren't important or something. I really don't like the ones that say, "if you don't forward this..." these are the consequences. Really, because when I broke my foot we didn't even have the internet, so I don't think my bad luck comes from the lack of forwarding emails. I don't really think that not forwarding emails is effecting my life that deeply overall. I also dislike the "getting to know you emails that ask, "Who do you think will reply to this email?" There are enough unavoidable pressures in life that this question is really just unfair. Sometimes when I am reading someone else's answers, I chant the phrase, "please don't be me, please don't be me!" over and over and over again, and then I scroll down to see the answer. Usually, it is me. I think it is because I have no other life but to send and respond to emails, so I do it. When I send these emails, I put the least likely person to responds name, followed by something like, "She never replies." Ok, I have only really done that once, but it totally worked and I got a response from that person (Lois).

Well, I got another one today, and I decided that I am just going to give the whole world (or at least the few of you that read this) my answers, and don't worry I cut down this 55 question email--no one needs to know that much about me!

1. What time did you get up this morning? 4:34 when I had to use the bathroom, 6:03 to 6:32 when Fuss thought it was time to get up until I convinced him to go back to sleep, and 6:54 when Fuss woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep.

2. Diamonds or pearls? Both...why can't I have both? Don't I deserve nice things for all occasions? While diamonds are always gorgeous, pearls have their place. I would like both of them to be real also.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? "Iron Man" I have 4 boys, and when my husband took me on a date, we saw "Iron Man." (I did like it though)

4. What food do you dislike? Foods that have no calories, like onions and asparagus.

5. What kind of car do you drive? I have a 2001 Chevy Malibu, sauteed mushroom color, that has a dented hood from when I ran into the back of another car, a big scrape down the side from when I ran into the side of my garage while pregnant and backing out, no hubcaps since my husband said I either had to buy new ones or take off the 2 1/2 that were on it, and that has 185,000 miles on the odometer! I also drive a white Eddie Bauer Edition Ford Expedition XL, but only once a year since we can't afford the gas to take it further than the grocery store...ok, really we drive it when the older boys are here, but it has less than 8,000 miles on it and it is 1 1/2 years old. Obviously, I drive the mushroom mobile more.

6. What characteristic do you despise? Dishonesty.  I would rather someone be honest to a fault rather than dishonest...don't lie to me!

7. Favorite item of clothing? Anything that is large enough to not accentuate the midsection rolls.

8. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Disneyland or Washington DC. I wouldn't be expected to wear a swimsuit, and both require a lot of walking...exercise and fun!

9. Favorite brand of clothing? Anything with a plus size that doesn't make me look like I am wearing my grandmother's kitchen curtains. I would also like brands that have sizes that run big (as if that ever happened).

10. What was your most recent memorable birthday? When I was 10, I didn't get a cake...my dad was working out of town and my mom said that we would have one when he got back, but we didn't. When I was 21, my mom made me 2 birthday cakes to make up for it, but you can't make up 11 years with a cake...more ice cream would have been better!

11. Are you a morning or night person? Neither! I am a middle-of-the-day person. My good hours are 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

12. What is your shoe size? 9 1/2 wide and without any arch support for my flat feet.

13. Pets? Unfortunately...

14. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? Yesterday, we had no junk mail and no bills in the mail! Only the insurance cards for the truck! That is new and exciting for us!

15. What did you want to be when you were little? Erma Bombeck (the writer)

16. How are you today? Showered with makeup...totally presentable for public!

17. What is your favorite flower? Fake ones...I kill them if they are real, and I don't even mean too. If you don't believe me, you should see my front yard.

18. What was the last thing you ate? None of your business...dang it, I wish I would have read this question before I just scarfed a mini Take 5 bar.

19. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Yellow-green, because what do you use yell0w-green to color, dying grass?

20. Favorite soft drink? Pepsi, sweet Pepsi...don't be mad at me because I gave you up. I have not replaced you with any other soft drink, only water.

21. Favorite Restaurant? Italian and Mexican ones because I love cheesy foods...again, why can't I lose weight?

22. Real hair color? When I was in cosmetology school, one of our instructors held up a hair color swatch and declared, "This is the ugliest color. No one will ever want this color.  The only purpose for this color is to create other colors." That color was an exact match of my real color...6A (very ashy brown).

23. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate poured over vanilla ice cream!

24. What is under your bed? I don't want to know!

25. Salty or sweet? Salty followed by sweet....

26. How many years at your current job? Motherhood...almost 1.5. Wife....just over 3. Collecting unemployment...about 5 months.

27. How many towns have you lived in? A better question for me is, How many times did you move OUT of your parent's house? 9 

28. How many people will you send this to? I hope a lot!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love it! I get these often, too. I don't do them often, though. My problem is you and I have a few friends in common who send them to most of the people I'd send them to! :)

Monica said...

Hello stranger! It is so fun to read your blog, you crack me up! We always thought that you would be a writer when you grew up- perhaps the next Erma Bombeck, so it's funny that you should mention her! Your baby is so cute and so big! We really need to get together again.
You can check out my blog if you want: chrismonicaandfamily.blogspot.com
Tracy's link is on my page also!
Monica

Anonymous said...

so fun! this is bonnie, checkin out your blog. you were always hilarious. lets keep in touch. www.cuthills.blogspot.com