Monday, September 15, 2008

Carefree and happy...

So, as I am watching TV last night, I see a very familiar commercial that states, "Have a happy period."  And I had to ask myself, was that written by a single man or a prepubescent girl who is eager to jump into that "happy" time of her life? I never in my life have had a "happy period." What is happy about a period? It must be the cramps, because as much as I love the bloating and swelling of every ounce of my being, I love the cramps more.  I don't really love that I get moody, but my husband does and that truly makes it a "happy period" for everybody!  The boys don't even know what a period is, but I think they recognize how "happy" I am each and every month around the same point in the month.  It must be all the "happy" tears that I cry.  Maybe it is all the chocolate that comes into the house each month...that really does make everyone happy, except me when I step on the scale at the end of this "happy" time, and see that all the bloated weight has been replaced with chocolate weight....it makes me so "happy."  The announcement that we are, in fact, not pregnant again is such a "happy" time also....well, I guess that one could be if I were not wanting a baby and thought it could be a possibility that one was on the way, but that isn't the case for me.  Oh, the happiness that comes in abundance each month!  The happiest part of my "happy period" is the period at the end of the sentence when I get to say, "It is gone for another month." But that really should be an exclamation point!

5 comments:

Missy said...

HAHA! Analee! You make me laugh my brains out! I was just having feelings of frustration as my "happy moment" just came! Oh the joy of womanhood!

Missy said...

Haha! Analee, you make me laugh my brains out! I was just having feelings of frustration and anger because my "happy moment" just came! Thanks for giving me something to laugh at, even when it is such a frustrating topic!

Erica said...

I love it! I don't have that "happy" time anymore, but your post reminded me of many "wonderful" memories!! : )

Rebecca said...

HEAR HEAR! (I've always thought it MUST be a man who has never even met a woman who wrote that ad!)

Kacy said...

Your blog seriously is hilarious. I am totally loving it. I am going to have to stalk it all the time now. I need to go and read all the past posts just to add some more humor to my life.