Friday, October 31, 2008

A few bumps in the road...

Today has been an interesting day in the life of a 1 year old, which has been an roller coaster of emotions to watch. I look at my little Fuss and I have to think...it must be hard to be that age! The morning started with Fuss' first gesture of helpfulness, which I found to be amusing. D was getting ready for work, and as he got dressed Fuss ran into the living room to get D's shoes. At first I was thinking that this is a pretty smart kid on my hand to know when his daddy needs his shoes, and to remember where they are. D was very appreciative of this gesture. Seconds after putting his shoes on, D was walking out the door. Fuss and I stand on the porch when it is warm enough to wave goodbye as D leaves, otherwise Fuss cries when daddy goes to work which makes a mom feel so good! Anyway, as D is walking down the front steps he says, "It feels like there is something in my shoes." I am totally thinking a rock or something that could have gotten in there anytime, maybe even the sole was coming up. As Fuss and I were standing on the porch, D opened the door to his car and took off his shoes to which he declared, "LEGOS! There are legos in my shoes!" Oh, how I loved my little Fuss and his love for putting things in random places at that moment. It was a great way to start my day!

Then came the down of the day...I was leaving on some errands and knew Fuss would come running if he heard me turn off the alarm and open the door, and he did. When he was almost to me he realized that he had forgotten something very important and ran back for it. I honestly thought he would be back with his blanket, binki, or sippy cup, but instead he came running down the hallway as fast as his chubby little legs could carry him with a bottle of my perfume in his hand. Maybe he thought that I was stinky...I don't know. But as he got to the place where the tile and the carpet meet, he tripped and went crashing head first into the tile. The problem was that the lid to the perfume flew off as he flew and his head landed right on it squishing the lid between his head and the tile, and leaving a bumpy bruise that looks like a third eye in the middle of his forehead! Oh, the tears that were cried. The only way I could get him to stop was to promise him I would get him some Cheetos when we got to the store. That cheered him up!  

The rest of the day seemed to go ok, other than the 2 phone calls to fake numbers, 2 phone calls to D, and the call to 411 Fuss made while playing with my cell phone. Even when we went on a walk to get the mail and he hugged the light post in front of our neighbors house for ten minutes and declared, "ligh" whenever I told him it was time to go. After that I was ready for a little relaxing time. We came inside. I turned on the TV and my computer and Fuss sat on the floor with his book. A few minutes later Fuss got up, walked over to the TV, and turned it off. I immediately told him, "Please turn the TV back on." He pushed every button on the front of the TV except the power button. I was sitting 5 feet away in my chair telling my 1 year old, "Not that button. It is the one on the end. No, the other end. Push the one on the end." Just as I was thinking, "this is ridiculous!" Fuss walked over to the little table at the side of my chair and grabbed the remote that was sitting right next to me the whole time, until now...Now I really don't know how the TV will get turned back on.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

yay! It is you... this is Melissa, if you got my nice long comment on your cool photography blog, you'll know who I am :) but just in case (Melissa Nuttall) :) How are you? You look beautiful and your family is so cute! I am sure those boys just love you! You would be such a fun mom! Have a great day, and I would love to hear from you. Melissa