Sunday, October 5, 2008

It happened to me...

Well, it has happened. I have read it on other blogs, but never have had it happen to me before. I have been tagged. I am a player so I will play along...

7 Things I LOVE:
1. I love sweats. I love the comfy warmth of thick cotton on my legs. I love that they are not too tight. I love that they have an elastic in the waist, but it is supposed to be there so no one thinks that I am just too large for non-elastic sweats or too old like if I wore Jeans with elastic waists. I love that I can wear them all day and then to bed if I want to. I love that I can wear them when I take Fuss on walks and no one thinks I am weird. They just think I am attempting to exercise. Oh, the deceit of sweats!

2. I love TIVO. I love that I can record what I want, when I want to, and not have to watch it on somebody else's schedule. I love the total and complete control of only watching the commercials if I want to. I can even pick and choose which commercials I watch. 

3. I love having milk delivered to my front porch. I love milk alone, but having it delivered in any quantity I want each and every week just makes my life so much simpler.

4. I love ceiling fans. I love that if I am a little too hot, I can flip a switch and a nice breeze fills the room. I love the purr of the ceiling fan that lulls me to sleep every night. I love that the ceiling fans are high enough that although I know there is dust on the blades, I can't see it. Therefore, I don't have to do anything about it. 

5. I love pictures. I love to take pictures. I love to look at pictures. I just don't like to be in pictures, which is the main reason that I love to take them!

6. I love my recliner. I love that it was purchased with the money that I received after my grandma passed away. I love it because it was purchased because Fuss was on the way. I love it because we call it the "Grandma Rocker" and it reminds me of the way she used to sit in her rocker and visit or read with us when we went to her house. I love it because it makes me think of my grandma every time I rock my own baby and read to him.

7. I love breakfast. Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. I love breakfast foods, sausage, bacon, eggs, french toast...mmmm! I love having breakfast for dinner. I love that as much as I love breakfast, I usually just eat cold cereal for breakfast. That makes "real breakfast foods" a treat when we have them!

7 things I HATE:

1. I hate cherry flavored ice cream, or ice cream with cherries in it. I love ice cream, and hate cherries so the cherries just ruin a beautiful thing, and I hate it when beauty is ruined!

2. I hate weeds. I hate that they make it known to everyone that drives past my house that I don't do yard work. I hate that they are much more prominent than the plants that I don't really like either.

3. I hate dust. I don't mind doing the dusting, I just wish it would stay that way a little longer. It seems that as soon as I am done dusting, the dust is creeping back onto the surfaces that I just dusted. 

4. I hate laundry. I hate that it is such a time consuming process and requires so much remembering. It would be much easier if the washer and dryer were just one machine that would wash and then automatically dry. I hate that I have to remember when I put a load in the washer and how long it has been there to know if it is still able to be dried, or if I need to waste more time and money re-washing the load I forgot about. I hate that when the clothes are dried, if I don't take them out and immediately hang them up, I will be stuck ironing (or wearing wrinkled clothes, which is more likely). I hate that I have to fight the hangers on the bar in the closet trying to gather enough to hang up the load that I just threw on my bed.

5. I hate scary movies. I would rather watch the news where I get just as frightened.

6. I hate living far away from my family. I realize that it is only an hour away, but with the price of gas I might as well move back to Florida since I saw them about the same from there. Except I hated living in Florida. 

7. I hate my storage room. I hate that in all actuality we have no idea what is down there. I hate that there is just a plethora of boxes filled with items from mine and D's lives before we even knew each other, but that neither of us has the desire to go through to see if we can get rid of it. I hate that it is looming over me and that I know that one day I will break down and go through it....maybe it will just loom until I die!

Now for the rules: You can't use your husband or kids as things you love (or hate depending on your mood) that would be too easy. 

Tags: You have to make your own list...maw ha ha ha (in case you watch Hannah Montana like we do!)  Tagged: Angie, Theresa, Stephanie, Melissa, Erica, Sheryl, Missy. And I do LOVE my friends...all of them!

3 comments:

skcoe said...

Aw. I LOVE The Grandma Rocker story.

I also hate weeds and laundry. WHose idea was THAT anyway?!

Shannon said...

I am right there with you on the scary movies and sweats. It's so fun to see what you're up to these days. You have a beautiful little family! :)

Kati said...

Love your tag! I share your love for Tivo, sweats, and photography, and pretty much everything you listed. I also share most of your "hates" as well. Laundry!?! Seriously!?! Hate that the most! It just NEVER goes away!