Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I don't do windows...

While cleaning my house on Saturday for my family to come over to celebrate my mom's birthday, I decided to dust the window sills in my kitchen. It was at that point that I stopped to think..."When was the last time I washed the windows in my house?" I thought and thought about it for a bit, then I realized...I have only washed the windows in my house 1 time (we have been in our house for 2 years and 4 months)! And that was only the insides. I have only washed the outside of my living room windows, because I am afraid of heights and the living room windows are the only ones that I can reach without a ladder. However, I have no excuse for the inside windows, except the one above front door because our front door is 8 feet tall. 

The thing is, I never open my blinds. In the summer, it makes the house too hot and the air conditioner has a harder time keeping my house at a nice cool temperature. This is the first winter that I won't be leaving before the sun comes up and getting home after it goes down. There has never really been anyone here during the winter to open the blinds to see what the sun could do for us then. So, since I never look out my windows, I don't have to clean them. I have also decided that I really need a maid who does windows... Besides, if I don't clean my windows, who is going to notice? The peeping Tom that I don't want looking in them anyway? 

1 comment:

Monica said...

I'm with you. I remember when I was young my mom always had us clean windows as part of our saturday chores. Most of the other chores we had to do every week rubbed off on me, but cleaning windows just isn't something I think about doing. Ever.