Friday, October 3, 2008

To accomplish something...

Throughout life we are put through a series of disappointments and failures, but there is no reason to be upset about it. Everyone goes through the downs in life, and sometimes the ups. I recently completed the medical transcriptioning course that I have been taking. This coarse is designed to be done at your own pace but within a year. It is a good thing that you can purchase time extensions when needed, because I needed 4 of them. The reason I needed 4 of them is because I was working outside of our home when I started the coarse, and I was pregnant. So, my ambition towards this extra work was not really all that high. I thought that I would have more energy to work on it after Fuss was born. I was wrong. I had less energy and less ambition. It wasn't until I became unemployed that I realized where my ambition had been hiding. I realized that this coarse was the ticket to me being able to stay home with my Fuss all the time. I started working on it, and I finished in 5 1/2 months! Oh, why I could have done with that before Fuss was born...I wouldn't have missed out on the first 10 months of his life! I realized just how much I was missing when his nanny had to tell me what his favorite kind of juice was. I should have known that!

Anyway, I have now passsed and I am graduating from the program with honors. You are allowed to take the final up to 3 times, but I only had to take it once! I called my mom and told her how excited I was to have finally accomplished something. She asked me what in the world I was talking about. So, I explained: I finished high school and graduated with high honors, then I finished a 2 year college, got my Associates degree, went to 1 more year of college and dropped out. I went to cosmetology school, finished, graduated, and never got my license. I have a habit of not finishing what I started. Until now!

It is amazing how one little accomplishment can change your whole perspective on things. I have put my family first. I will be working from home while my son is sleeping, not missing a moment of his awake life. I did it, and I feel great about it. Suddenly, I feel like I can accomplish anything! I may even be able to lose a couple of pounds now! We'll see!

4 comments:

skcoe said...

GOOD JOB! (I feel the same way as you a LOT. I think I've started two...no, THREE photography classes. I mean, what the!?)

I'm proud of you cute girl, and glad we're still in touch. Your comment on my blog today made my morning!

Matheson Family said...

Congratulations on a great accomplishement! I may have to ask you about this new career path sometime....sounds interesting. I always remember you as a smarty pants in elementary-high school!!

Rebecca said...

WOO HOO!!! Congratulations A!!! That is wonderful news!

Kacy said...

That is awesome. It is so great being able to be home with your little ones. I am so greatful that I am able too. That is a great accomplishment. It is amazing how things work out. Good Job!