Thursday, October 23, 2008

I am expanding my horizons...

I have a lot of time on my hands. I am only a wife, a mother, a step-mother, a medical transcriptionist, a web content writer, and I have church responsibilities...so not a lot at all! And because I have SO much free time, and I am so good at keeping up on this blog, I have decided to create a second blog. This second blog is not a reading blog, that would require way too much thinking on my part. It is a photography blog, so to speak anyway.

I would like to reassure my friends that have photography blogs (many of whom I worked with as a professional photographer), my blog is in no way competition for your blog. See I used to be a photographer in a studio. I was pretty good if I do say so myself. I had many customers request my skills for taking their children's pictures. When you view my skills on my second blog, you will undoubtly ask yourself, "WHY???"

Here is the thing...In the studio things were set up for me: the camera was in position, lighting was set, backgrounds were in place, props were available, and all I had to do was get children to smile from the side of the camera. Behind the camera I am horrible snapshot, point and shoot photographer. My husband bought me a very nice camera that after 2 and 1/2 years, I still don't know how to use! So in my angst, I have decided that it is time to share my photos with the world. I mean with as many skills as I don't have, what is the point in hiding them? So, please feel free to visit the second stop in my insane reality. Enjoy, comment, and return here for more enlightening opinions and observations of life...

www.hownottotakepictures.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Theresa C said...

You always were Shannon's favorite photographer. When we would visit any Kiddie Kandid's studio from Utah to AZ, she would demand that you had to be the person that took her picture. It was kind of awkward for the girl that ended up taking her picture.... but hey, Shannon knew who she liked best!

Kati said...

You were AMAZING at your job. I wish I would have been able to have all of my children's pictures taken by you. Especially when they were tiny. I took Jackson to a place (not where you worked) when he was a newborn and I still cringe when I see them. I missed out on the most precious time of his life because I just didn't know any better. When you left your job, I went back and never got the same results you would give. So, I stopped going there completely. It just wasn't the same without you there. (AND...I am NOT just saying that!) I guess it was kind of a good thing that I stopped going there, because I was forced to learn to take my own pictures. I still have a lot to learn...but you were so good at what most people are not....having PATIENCE! You were amazing with every kid you took shots of. Perfect at it. I think you take great pictures with a P&S. But, I think you should learn how to use that nice camera! I think you would be amazing!