Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm it again...

I got tagged again...I told you I was popular! This tag was a journey of self discovery. Oh, how I wished that I didn't follow the true instructions, but I did! The rules are: You have to take pictures of the following things immediately! There can be no cleaning, straightening, or wiping your child's nose! 

Here goes a peek into my life...hold on!!

1. The kitchen sink...complete with dishes that you would assume were from last night's dinner, but we didn't eat dinner at our house yesterday.  Angel and Mike had us over for dinner--Mike
 cooked!! We had Taco Bell the night before, and dinner at D's sister's house on Sunday. So, it can be easily concluded that these dishes have been here for a while...

2. The laundry room...we believe in piling things on top of the dryer. Hey, it is the only place in my tiny laundry room that there is room to put something. Well, there is the washer, but then I couldn't open it to do the laundry I obviously don't do. (Notice the basket FULL of towels on the side).

3. The fridge...well decorated with pictures, bulletins, and other random items. This one could have been much worse if I would have taken a picture of the inside!
4. Bathroom...I chose the kids bathroom. Notice the cute decorations in the mirror, but please ignore the water spots on the bottom of the mirror. If the cupboards would have been seen, you would have seen the toothpaste marks on the cupboards below the sink.
5. Closet...I chose mine and D's closet. I really don't know why. I know...we need to de-junk! 

6. Favorite room...I chose the living room, because it is really the only one that is slightly presentable right now! Of course there is the mini volleyball in front of the fireplace. Fuss likes to stand at the top of the stairs across from the living room and throw balls down to watch them bounce into my living room.
7. Favorite shoes...I would wear flip flops year round if my feet didn't get too cold! Do you like the spot on the floor next to them though? I found my shoes right where they belonged...in the kitchen. Someone needs to mop around here!

8.  Self portrait...if this doesn't inspire me to get ready before the middle of the afternoon, nothing will! Seriously! No makeup, hair not done...so scary!!! I am wearing an old "design team" t-shirt from cosmetology school, and if you could see my pants you would see they are plaid pajama pants--pink, green, and white---I so don't match or look good in any sense of the word!

9. Children...the older boys are at Luci's, or more likely school! While I was running around taking pictures of my house and sadly me, Fuss decided to climb onto the counter in the master bathroom, which is his favorite spot recently! Earlier I found filling the sink. He thinks he is so funny. I can hear him on top of my kitchen table as I type this...ugh!

10. Dream vacation...Luckily I have a picture from Paris in my living room. I want to go to France more than anything! D is fluent in French, which is really just a bonus in case we ever make it there!

Now I get to tag...I choose Brianna, Carly, Julie, Kacy, Lisa, and Rachele! Have fun! Hopefully you will be better prepared than I was!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Some of these tags are getting really interesting! Maybe we should create some of our own! BTW, thanks for not tagging me... I probably would have cheated. My house looks like a hurricane hit! LOL

Elizabeth said...

That sounds like a fun tag. It makes me feel good to know that others are not totally caught up on housework, though your house is not nearly as unkept as mine is.

Brianna said...

I am so glad you are normal. Your idea of a mess is my idea of "Hey, I'm doing pretty dang good!" I'm going to do this too. First I need to figure out how to un-jam my memory card out of my laptop. Slight delay, but I'll do it! And I love the fact that your little guy fills up the sink. Kids are so funny! Have a great day! P.S. You look beautiful without make up! Good for you!!!

Kati said...

You are awesome. I wouldn't have the guts to show all that stuff without doing some serious touch up!