Friday, October 17, 2008

So, you admit it...

Every day I hear the words, "I didn't do it!" by one of the boys. Whether it be a question of leaving the bathroom door open so that Fuss could get in and climb on the counter or play in the toilet, or if it is who was hitting and kicking who, no one admits to whatever it is they are doing (or not doing). A brief synopsis of my day would be:

"Who left the milk out?" "Not me!" (up to 3 times)
"Who left the fridge door open?" "I didn't!" (up to 3 times)
"Who left their snack (or wrappers) on the family room floor?" "It wasn't me!"
"Who kicked who first?" "He did!"

I would give anything for a peaceful moment of honesty in my house. When the kids aren't not admitting anything that they have done, I have the great pleasure of being ignored. I call the boys to dinner 3 times, then I am done and they go without. Yesterday morning, I was fixing Fuss a bowl of cereal. Olie was still sleeping, and D had gone to work. Skater and Moo were upstairs in the family room. I called up to them to ask if they too would like a bowl of cereal. The second, more stern yell received a positive response from both of them. I told them to come down to the kitchen and I would fix a bowl of cereal for them. Skater came right away and was happily eating while I was still waiting for Moo. Wondering if the TV was too loud, or if he was just choosing to ignore me, I asked, "Are you ignorning me?" Imagine my surprise when I received a matter-of-fact "Yes!" from upstairs. At least he admitted it. I guess you've got to start somewhere.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Yes, at least he was honest, right? LOL