Wednesday, October 22, 2008

He just doesn't get it...

The other day D and I were watching "Two and a Half Men" on TV. Charlie was teaching his nephew, Jake, stupid jokes that all kids learn sometime in their lives. For example, Jake's dad, Alan, was sneezing and Charlie said, "You'd think it was a cold, but it-s-not." I couldn't help but to think back to Sunday. We were at a church and the boys were eating from their mini baggies filled with goldfish crackers. I know, why do our kids have snacks at church when they should be old enough to survive without them? It is for my sanity. Our church is from 11 am to 2 pm, which means that it is right in the time frame that I would be making them lunch if we were at home. It is because after several weeks of complaining about how hungry they were and could we please just go home, I decided that I would let them take a small bag of crackers to ease their "starvingness" and complaints. Anyway, they were eating their crackers. Olie was sitting next to me, and although Fuss had his own plethora of treats and snacks, he insisted on eating Olie's with him. Once Olie's were gone, Skater decided it would be funny to tease him. Skater leaned over and asked Olie if he "liked seafood," to which Skater promptly showed him the chewed up crackers in his mouth. I am quite familiar with this prank since my brothers and sisters and I showed each other what we were eating in the same manner when we were kids. I am sure all of you probably did too. Anyway, as the boys were giggling (quietly), Moo decided he wanted to play along. He turned to me and said, "Annie, do you like fish?" When I said, "Yes, Moo, I like fish." He moaned in realization that he had no where to go with it...if only he had asked if I liked see food. 

1 comment:

Eskimo Bob said...

I've got two words for ya!! "Awesome." Oh, well one word. . . we have church at the same time too, and last week we didn't bring snacks. I thought the boys were going to start a coup, and gather all the primary kids to start their own branch of the church.