Monday, June 2, 2008

Pretty good day...

Today is the first day of the rest of....something.  Today was the first day that I officially took over the role of Fuss' mom--as in for all day long.  Since the time he was 6 weeks old we have had a babysitter watching him.  Even though I haven't been working for the past 2 months, we have still had him watched during regular business hours so that I could pursue training to become a medical transcriptionist.  I just have to say, I LOVE BEING A MOM!  I didn't mind waking up at 5:30 in the morning to study, I don't mind that I will probably be up until late tonight to try to get a little extra studying in...it is all worth it when I look at his little grin.  It was truly worth it when I was rocking him at nap time and he looked up and smiled at me.  He has recently demonstrated his understanding to questions by shaking or nodding his head to let us know "no" or "yes" when he wants or doesn't want something.  So, while I was snuggling him I asked him, "do you like having mommy home with you all day?"  He grinned and urgently nodded his head yes!  It makes everything in the world worth it!  It is worth giving up the corporate world, it is worth not having an outside social life, it is worth giving up everything for this little guy (luckily I don't have to give up everything, but it would still be worth it if I did).  Now if I could just get him on a schedule...
I realized this morning that Fuss is used to taking his morning nap in either a moving car or the arms of his Didda.  He does not like to be put down or even rocked to sleep.  So, my expectation of studying while he slept in the a.m. didn't exactly work out.  I finally gave up and decided to run my errands, within 2 minutes he was sound asleep...perfect.  By the time I got home he was wide awake...even more perfect.  We got to spend a lot of time together...folding (me) and unfolding (him) the laundry, vacuuming (me) and spilling on (him) the floor, mopping (me) and throwing drinks (him) on the tile, making (me) and bouncing on (him) the bed...you get the idea.   I love being a mom!

The day did start off pretty darn great though...I lost 2.6 pounds last week--go Weight Watchers! Therefore, I have only 1.4 pounds left to lose to hit my pre-exercising weight and then a significant amount more to hit my pre-baby, pre-marriage, and pre-insanity weights.  The best part is that my pants were slipping off yesterday...normally that would only be a great thing if I was alone with my husband ;), but when you are trying to lose not only weight but inches too, it is a very good thing.  These weren't 3 day worn, stretched out pants either. These were straight out of the hot dryer, as small as they go pants.  Yeah, thank you, I know.  My confidence that the week might end good started on Saturday.  We were with my family and my sister told me I was looking skinnier (thank you Spanx--but I am still taking some credit).  I couldn't help but wonder, what exactly does skinnier mean?  For example, if people were like beds, a king size would probably be obese, and while a queen size is skinnier than a king size, it isn't really skinny...but, it is better than being a California king...I think I am queen...working on the full, hoping to get to twin...and if I am lucky, I will end at the toddler, I don't think bassinet would fit on my frame, toddler will be pushing it.  Either way, I am not giving up hope. 

No comments: