Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The world makes me happy....

After a particularly frustrating day, I thought to myself, "I wish I had an outlet to just vent and get it all out without D giving me feedback!"  Then I remembered my long forgotten blog.  Oh, how I have missed writing!  Seriously, it's my therapy, much cheaper than an actual therapist, and the support of friends who comment.  I love it!!  So, rather than vent, I decided to count my blessings, internally and then share with whoever reads this, some of my favorite "worldly" things.  You should all know that I love my family, I love the Lord, I love my friends, and I am grateful for my numerous blessings, but this isn't testimony meeting and I do love some worldly things, so sue me....

Here goes:

10.  I love DVRs, Netflix, and all other forms of television technology.  I love that no matter how freaking busy I am or how many times I hear my name called, whichever name that might be, or how late dinner is, I NEVER have to miss my favorite shows.  Granted, it sometimes takes me weeks to get caught up on them, but I still love it!  I only get to watch two to three hours of TV a week, if I'm lucky, but sitting down with a bowl of popcorn and watching "Melissa & Joey", "Big Bang Theory," or "Castle" whenever I finally do have the time, no matter what time it is....I LOVE IT!!

9.  I love Facebook!  I really do.  As annoying and whiny it can get at times, I still love the drama of it all.  I love when people fight via Facebook.  I think it is better than any soap opera.  I find it absolutely hilarious.  I love knowing what is going on and seeing pictures of old friends' families that I otherwise would never have known.  I love that I can message my cousins across the country, all at once if I want to.  I love that friends that I lost contact with long ago are now found.  I love that I can see their faces and have floods of fantastic memories come back!  I love it!!

8.  I love blankets!  I love snuggly, warm, fluffy blankets!  I love to snuggle with my Fuss or D.  I love to wrap them up in a ball and use them as a pillow.  I love keeping my toes warm on a cold winter day!  I love that Fuss loves blankets as much as I do.  I love that the blanket my grandparents gave me as a graduation gift 19 years ago, is still my favorite comforter.  I love that Fuss calls it "Favorite Blanky."  I love thinking of my grandma smiling down on him from heaven and knowing that a piece of her is still in my home. 

7.  I love grass, as in lawn!  I love that after six years of living in a house with only weeds for a backyard we now have a small park for our children to play in!  I love that 10,000 sq. feet of grass later, we have a place to put a swingset and place to host a barbeque.  I love that we have a trampoline and that it is in the ground so that I can jump without my fat bouncing above the fence for all the neighbors to see.  I love having a yard, even with all the mowing, dry spots, morning glory, and dog duty.  I still love having a yard to hear my children laughing from!

6.  I love my iPad!  I love finding addictive games.  I love that no matter where I go, I can play them.  I love the convenience of it all.  I could love my iPhone in this same sentiment, which I really do.  I will love it even more when I get a new iPhone. :)  (Just in case D reads this!)

5.  I love capris and 3/4 length sleeve shirts.  I do!  Whoever invented these was the smartest person ever!  I love that at least some of my fat can be covered, while I can still enjoy the coolness of a bare ankle.  I love that no one has to look at my flappy arms, but I can still show off my chubby wrists.  Seriously, genius and I salute them!

4.  I love flip-flops!  After three foot surgeries, I am not supposed to wear flip-flops anymore, but come on!  How can a grown woman constantly wear tennis shoes and not feel like she should be in junior high?!  I do love my tennis shoes, but you can only wear them so much!  I wore them hiking, shopping, and I'll wear them at Disneyland, but that's about all I can handle.  I love flip-flops, which is really just a great excuse to get a pedicure and who doesn't love a pedicure?!

3.  I love Disneyland!  I am more excited than my kids to go to Disneyland.  I would be an annual passport holder if it was possible.  I love the whole atmosphere.  I love that when we go soon I will get to see the pure joy on our kids' faces as they experience all of it!  I love that Fuss is as excited to go as I am and he has never even been there!  I love rides, and chocolate covered bananas, and seeing the characters, and churros!  I love their churros!  I love it!!

2.  I love sweats!  If it were feasible, I would live in sweats.  I want to die in sweats.  I want to wear sweats at all times and in all places.  I want sweats to look cute enough to do that.  I want to look cute enough in them to do that.  I really love my capri sweats, for obvious reasons.  I love that they aren't binding, even on a bloaty day.  I love that they go great with flip-flops.  I love that you can be comfy snuggling up in a blanket while wearing sweats.  I love that I can pick up my Bountiful Basket while wearing my sweats.  I love that I can walk with my friends while wearing sweats and that it's okay to be out in the neighborhood wearing my pajamas because they are sweats!  I LOVE sweats!!

1.  I love Pepsi and ice cream!  Yes, I even love them together.  There was no way I could have chosen one over the other.  I have tried to give up Pepsi countless times in my life.  I am really good at it, temporarily.  However, I can't seem to do it permanently.  It's not because I'm addicted.  I don't have to have it.  I have proven that by going without for over a year.  It's because I want it.  I love the calmness of the caffeine, like taking my Ritalin all over again!  I love the burning of the carbonation in my throat.  I love the taste.  I love all of it.  I LOVE PEPSI!  I love the sweet coldness of ice cream sliding down my throat.  I love almost all flavors that do not contain cherries.  I love that no matter how full you are, you can always have ice cream because it melts and fills in the gaps between the other foods (there is no secret why weight is my biggest challenge!)!  I love that it was my grandpa's favorite treat.  I love it store bought, hard, soft, homemade, with hot fudge or caramel.  I LOVE ICE CREAM!!

So there you go...the little things that make me happy.  They are most definitely things I could live with out, but hope I don't ever have to.  I know they are based on true happiness, so don't judge me, cause really it's better than a whiny post! :)

2 comments:

Breezie said...

hahaha! I love all of your posts!!! And I also enjoy watching facebook fights! Sit back, grab some popcorn, and watch AS THE CAPS COME ON!! :) You make me realize I need to be more positive sometimes!

Erica said...

Can I just "like" this post...ya know, like on Facebook?