Monday, February 2, 2009

You're hot...

I wonder how it is that such small things can fascinate children.  Fuss has been obsessed with shoes pretty much since he could walk.  It can be my shoes, D's shoes, or any of his brothers' shoes, Fuss doesn't care. He loves shoes. He loves to wear them and attempt to wander through the house with gigantic feet. Even now he is wearing my black dress flats with his blue dinosaur pajamas and I am thinking that he really needs to learn that pajamas go with tennis shoes a little better than dress shoes.  It's not just shoes though; Fuss is also obsessed with batteries, remote controls, light switches, the buttons on our house alarm, small toys, pencils, lemonhead candies, blueberries, my jewelry, and the thermometer. When he was smaller if I wanted to take his temperature it was a fight. I would have to lay him on the bed and kneel over him to keep his arms out of the way, then hold his head with one hand while I held the thermometer in his ear with the other one. Now, every time the bathroom door is open Fuss runs in, opens the drawer, grabs the thermometer, and holds it in his ear.  He must take his temperature repeatedly before he is satisfied with the results, which really is fine since I know he can't get it in his ear too far, but still how quickly does he think he is going to develop a fever?  

His other most favorite obsession is my makeup, which goes better with the black flats. I can't get it out of his reach because he is a really good climber. Over the past couple of weeks, my eye shadow has been broken up and dumped on the floor, spread around and ground in to give my bathroom tile a nice shade of brown.  My eyeliners have been dipped in the lipsticks and used as applicators for putting lipstick on his cheeks and forehead. I now have no lipsticks, limited eye shadow, and I have had to wipe off all my eyeliners, but they still have a light pinkish residue on them. I never thought I would have to use makeup remover on my makeup, which by the way, is a little nerve wracking to do because what will happen to the makeup you want to keep that is under the makeup that you need to remove? At least I have an idea of what it might be like to have a little girl...

7 comments:

The Brady Bunch said...

He does have some pretty little peepers, I'm sure he's just wanting to enhance his beauty!

Elizabeth said...

Whew! I'm glad my little one isn't such a climber as he is. I would have to lock the bathroom door religiously and I hate having to unlock doors. It drives me nuts. I do have to lock the pantry door, however. If I don't it gets left open and the cats gorge themselves on their food and all the fruit snacks are gone before I can sneak one out of the kids' packets.

Theresa C said...

I LOVE to read your stories because they are so dang funny, and I can definitely relate. :) Their obsessions just get better and better with age. Currently, my son wants to carry a purse anytime we leave the house because his mom and sisters have one. I don't really care if he carries around a pink purse with his play cell phone and Iron Man figure in it, but his dad sure cares!

Missy said...

Haha! That little guy is so cute---even when he is causing trouble!

Brianna said...

You're my favorite! :-) I love reading your cute posts! I think he is such a little cutie! I love his stories!

Unknown said...

Just dropping by to let you know I have a super give-away contest running this week (and every week) on my LDS blog at Not Entirely British

This time, the prize is a copy of Dr. Wally Goddard's latest book, "Soft-Spoken Parenting."

Rebecca said...

Hilarious! Pictures??? We need pictures!