Monday, May 18, 2009

He thinks...

I would like to profusely apologize to those that I have promised to write, I am a slacker!  Lately I feel as though life is slipping away too quickly!  This Friday my Fuss is going to be two! I can't believe it has now been two years since I first held that 6 pound 14 ounces, cone headed with hematomas on his head, double-chinned from the start, greatest blessing of my life in my arms for the first time! There is no way to describe the true joy that you feel and the feeling that you never thought you could love someone so much from the first second you saw them! 

Pretty much from the time he was born I knew that he was too smart for my own good.  He was only 2 days old when they brought the bilirubin lights to my house.  I don't know who invented this contraption, but seriously no brand new mother wants to put their tiniest treasure in a blue suitcase with patches over his eyes to keep him under lights.  Needless to say, I bawled for three days straight! I just wanted to hold him and comfort him. It was during those moments that I discovered just how in control my little man was.  Anyone could walk past my little guy, or stop and stare at how adorable he looked with the alien looking patches over his eyes, except me.  I don't know how he knew, but he did.  Even with his eyes covered and me being as quiet as possible, he knew every time I was near and he would reach his little hand up towards me and whimper...it broke my heart! Of course I picked him up and held him close to me...I was told he could be taken out of the lights to eat, so he ate a lot during those three days...

Now, here we are two years later and he still thinks he rules the roost around here.  The other day as I was trying to take a nap I felt a little finger ran across my eyelid. I opened my eyes to see my darling little boy sitting next to me with an eye shadow in his hands "doing my makeup."  When I asked him, "Does Mommy look pretty?"  He responded, "Hode on!" (hold on). He thinks he is the expert...

Last week he asked me for some "canny" (candy).  We had some jellybeans, so I told him he could have 3 of them.  Fuss can count to three (I think it is mostly because I always do when I want him to do something that he doesn't want to).  Anyway, as he lifted the jellybeans out by choosing his favorite colors first, he counted...one, one, one, one, one, one, one...I looked at him and he grinned his mischievous little grin and continued...two, two...I raised my eyebrows...He grinned and raised his then stated satisfactorily....three! He smiled and walked off with his treasure of "three" jellybeans. He thinks he is so smart...

Moments ago D was watching a movie on our bed while I sat in the recliner and Fuss played on the floor in front of me. D asked me to come lay by him and Fuss immediately ran over and climbed up on the bed. As I laid my head on D's chest, so did Fuss...until he pushed his way in between us declaring "my daddy!" So I raised my head and D put his arm around me.  Fuss immediately pushed him away from me declaring, "my mom!" He thinks he has to be the center of all our attention...

At this very moment I am typing with one hand as Fuss pulls on my other crying, "c'mon, c'mon, c'mom."  Normally at these moments I go with him to find out what he wants, but since I know he wants to go with his daddy into the office to play on the computer, I am not going.  He thinks he is in charge...sadly...he is!

8 comments:

Theresa C said...

I totally understand that your family life is more important than blogging, but I just missed your funny stories! Your little man totally cracks me up, and I hope I get to meet him in person sometime soon. I hope he has the happiest of birthdays!

The Brady Bunch said...

I'm so glad you posted!! I love reading your posts. And I can't believe your little guy is 2!!! Time FLIES!!!!! Happy Birthday Kaleb!!!!!

Shannon said...

Oh my what a little smarty pants! I think he's totally got your wit, Analee. What a clever little kid!!

The Holdaway Family said...

I can't believe that you baby is 2!! Where has the time gone??

BTW thanks for finding the 6th day ingredients for me! Today is the day to make the bread, and I am oddly excited...

Kacy said...

They grow way fast dont' they? My little man is going to be 2 in just a few weeks and I can't believe it. My princess is starting Kindergarten this fall. I know all about the kids ruling the roost. My kids all are in charge. I am however working on that. You are such a great Mom and have so much patience. Hope he has a great Bday tomorrow.

Cara said...

Too Funny! I have missed your entries!. Your little guy is too cute for his own good. I want to wish Fuzz a very have birthday and welcome him into the terrible twos!!

Missy said...

It's so crazy how time flies so fast! I swear it was not to long ago when we were at district meetings and you announced to us that you were pregnant! Now the little guy is 2! I cant believe it!

He is so adorable!

Erica said...

This was a cute post! You are an adorable mommy!! Happy birthday to Fuss!!